My grandfather planted way too much salad in our family garden this year. So now we have salad with every meal (except for breakfast) because we don’t want it to go bad. But that’s fine with me. You have to get your greens in right? I love to combine my salads with fresh light summery dressings. The cucumber gives this sauce a fresh touch, the avocado and cashews add a nice creaminess and the fresh garden herbs bring it all together. Perfect on a nice evening with some iced tea and grilled sweet potatotes outside!
Avocado cucumber dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 30g of soaked cashews
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- water to thin it out
- fresh herbs (I used about a handful of each parsley, chives and basil)
- Step 1 Chop up your avocado and cucumber into chunks and add them to your blender.
- Step 2 Throw in your cashews, minced garlic, herbs and spices.
- Step 3 Blend until it reaches a liquid consistency and pour in a splash of apple cider and add water to thin it out.
- Step 4 Pour over your salad and garnish with some more herbs.