Summer is the perfect time to make some spring rolls. All the herbs and fresh ingredients are in season and just wait to be used up in summery delicoius dishes. Rice paper rolls make a great starter to any asian dish like coconut curry or stir fry. If you make enough they are also great as a main dish with some rice on the side and a nice sauce to dip them in. There are endless ways to make spring rolls. Just wrap up your favorite veggies, greens and and herbs (or fruit if you want to be fancy 😉 ) and enjoy. This is just one way I like to enjoy them. Our star ingredient, my beloved fatty friend, the avocado adds some nice creaminess while the bell pepper and the greens create the crunchy counterpart. And finally the sprouts and coriander bring out all the summer freshness of this dish! Even though avocado rice paper rolls take quite some time to assemble, the end result is definitely worth it!
Avocado rice paper rolls
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- 2 medium sized avocados
- 1 bell pepper
- 60 g rocket
- 80 g baby spinach,
- 35 g onion sprouts
- bunch of fresh coriander
- Step 1 Peel your avocado and cut it in slices.
- Step 2 Remove the stem and the seeds from your bell pepper and cut up in slices as well.
- Step 3 Wash and dry your greens and chop up your coriander.
- Step 4 Prepare your rice wrapper according to packaging instructions (usually just soak them in warm water for 2-3 min). Make sure to soak them one by one to avoid that they stick together.
- Step 5 Layer up each of your ingredients on the top third of our wrapper .This way you make sure that you have enough surface left to roll. It doesn’t really matter how much of each ingredient you use. Just make sure to split your ingredients between all of your rolls. Also, try not to overstuff your rolls as the paper will rip.
- Step 6 Fold over your ricepaper over your ingredients and then tuck in the sides and roll it up.
- Step 7 Repeat until you have used up all your rice papers and ingredients.
- Step 8 Put them in the fridge while you clean up your kitchen so that they are nice and cool when you’re ready to eat.
- Step 9 Serve with soy sauce, tamari or chili sauce. Whatever you prefer!