Avocado for the win! The fatty star ingredient gives this dessert it’s creamy rich consistency. Quick and easy with only four simple ingredients. I also like to add some hemp seeds, which are high in omega fatty acids and plant-based protein and add a nice nutty flavor. Although all the fats in this dish come from whole food sources it is still is a dessert, high in fat and calorically dense and should be enjoyed in moderation. Topped with some homemade granola (recipe will follow soon!) it also makes a perfect breakfast!
Avocado vanilla pudding
- 2 small ripe avocados (or 1 large)
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or the inside scraped out of two fresh vanilla beans
- optional 1 teaspoon of hempseeds
- Step 1 Using your food processor, blender or handmixer combine all your ingredients until you reach a very creamy consistency. Garnish with some hempseeds and enjoy immediatley before it turns to a brownish color.
- Step 2 If you like your pudding nice and cold, put your avocado in the fridge beforehand.