Every day life gets hectic somedays. Roasted vegetables and sweet potatoes are an easy way to get in a delicious balanced meal but without spending too much time in the kitchen cooking and cleaning dishes. All you need is a cutting board, a big bowl to mix your vegetables with the pesto and a baking tray. This meal is also suitable for meal prepping. Just cut up all of your veggies when you have some spare time and store in an airtight container in the fridge and bake when needed. Quick and easy! I love all the beautiful colors of the vegetables in this recipe. The sundried tomato-basil pesto add nice flavor and a rustic summery note. You can serve this as a main dish or use it as a side dish with some grilled goodies!
Rustic roasted sweet potatoes and veggies
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 beets
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms
- 1 green onion
- 3 tbs red pesto (storebought or homemade)
- Pinch Salt
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Step 2 With your potato peeler remove the skin of your sweet potatoes and beets.
- Step 3 Cut them into even size cubes.
- Step 4 Wash and chop all of your remaining vegetables.
- Step 5 In a bowl mix all of your ingredients with the pesto and season with salt and pepper. Make sure they are evenly covered.
- Step 6 Line your tray with parchment and spread your mixture evenly.
- Step 7 Bake for about 35 minutes, flipping half way through, until the sweet potatoes start to crisp up and all the vegetables are tender.
- Step 8 Serve on a bed of greens and garnish with sprouts or enjoy as a side dish.